Yesterday I had two people individually ask how to slow the flow on their Facebook news feed. If you don’t know where to look it can be frustrating but it is very simple to hide status updates or photo posts from your Facebook friends without un-friending them.
In words here’s how to do it:
- Log in to Facebook (duh)
- Click on the Facebook logo in the upper left corner – this puts you in your news stream
- Find the offender
- Move your mouse to position the cursor over one of their posts
- See the dropdown arrow to the right of their name (appears when you hover your cursor)
- Click the dropdown arrow to open the action menu
- Select the action you wish to take
- That’s it – there is no “save” or “apply” thanks to JQuery
How to hide Facebook status updates is something every Facebook user will probably want to know at some point in time. This video shows how to hide someone else’s posts (status updates, Foursquare check-ins, Twitter tweets, etc.) from your news stream but not blocking them and without removing them from your friend’s list. Let’s face it, annoying friends are still friends.
Latest posts by kencook (see all)
- Ultimate List of Must Follow Twitter People - November 24, 2015
- 5 Things Beginners Should Optimize On Their Website Right Now - November 23, 2015
- 7 Hot Social Selling Tips for 2016 - November 22, 2015